PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Attend a class. Explore. Experience. No matter where you are in your Jewish journey, you’ll be amazed at what you discover about yourself and our world. From Weekly Thursday night classes to our Scholar-in-Residence Programs, you can learn about Jewish Text, Spiritual Meditation or Yoga, Modern Dilemmas, History and more.
- Miracles, Light, and Latkes: Dec. 3, 13, 20
- Jewish Film Festival: Jan. 7, 14, Feb. 4
- Kosher Soul Food with Michael Twitty: March 19
- Exploring Mourners Kaddish: April 20, 27, May 4
- Ongoing Talmud and Hebrew Classes
- Lunch and Learn: First and Third Thursdays each month, Led by Rachel V. Glaser.
The Many Shades of Moses: Man, Husband, Father, Leader, Teacher, Prophet, Lawgiver, Warrior, Liberator, and so much more! We will explore the most commanding figure in the Torah through a variety of sources. Who was this man? Is there a historical Moses? What can we learn from his life story? Everyone is welcome, including new students!
For further information about Jewish Learning at Beth Israel, please contact Rabbi Rachel Blatt, Director of Lifelong Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 410-654-0800, ext. 215.
A significant portion of the Beth Israel Learning program has been generously underwritten by the Sabina and Walter Dorn Education Endowment Fund.