Welcome to Beth Israel Congregation. We have a place for you—and a place for your family. Come, be a part of our community. Grow spiritually. Nourish your soul. Learn and share with us. Experience our sacred balance of Jewish tradition and innovation. All are welcome.
Beth Israel is a place to come home to, again and again.
Beth Israel Preschool Staff completes ALS ice bucket challenge!
Please join us in welcoming Rabbi Rachel Blatt Director of Lifelong Learning to our Beth Israel Community!
Read about Rabbi Blatt in the Jewish Times.
As Director of Lifelong Learning, Rabbi Blatt will:
- Develop educational programs for adults, families and children of all ages
- Develop meaningful Shabbat experiences for families and children
- Oversee our award-winning Youth Programs
- Work closely with our Religious School and assume responsibility for the school in the 2015-2016 school year
- Serve as a resource to our Beth Israel community
Rabbi Blatt has expertise in formal and informal Jewish education, and has served as the Assistant Director of a Religious School, a Judaics educator for adults, children and families, as well as the head of Judaics for Camp Ramah. She holds a Masters in Rabbinic Studies and a Masters of Arts in Jewish Education as well as ordination from the Zeigler School of Rabbinic Studies, American Jewish University.
Rabbi Blatt is in the process of relocating to Owings Mills with her husband, Rabbi Marc Blatt and their twin 4 year old daughters.
HOLD THE DATE!
Celebrate Shabbat with Rabbi Blatt on September 5-6, 2014.
Friday Night Kabbalat Shabbat